Friday, August 12, 2011

Pinkalicious......
I could not live without pink in my life.  

"More pink here, if you please." - Franz Liszt


 This is a Steven Grambel space that I have always loved.  It hangs on my inspiration board for so many reasons.  But his use of the pink and grey paint is wonderful.  Pink and grey is such a great color combination.  It also worked well earlier this summer when I showed you my "Pink Margarita" toes!


This child's room that Angie Hranowsky did is so cute.  I love the pink and red Raoul Textiles fabric.  I actually did the blue colorway of this fabric in my sons room for his roman shades but I have always liked pink and red together.  Everything here is just perfect, everything from the pink flokati rug to the darling pink day bed to the spunknic chandelier.  I know this is a kids room but I think most women would be happy here.  


There is not much I dislike about his bedroom but maybe it is how the space makes her pink skirt stand out that makes me love the over all feel even more.  I want that skirt!


 
This pink foyer is radical......most people would be scared to use a paint color like this.  And don't you just love that groovy chair.  I might not want this in my personal house but I would love to go visit.  



Even Batgirl needs a little pink in her life......



I am having an obsession with graffiti art.  I have decided that in my next house I am going to have a wall of graffiti, somewhere.  Maybe my kids can create the wall.  It can come to life over time with words, hand prints, color and design.  I will keep you posted when we start the graffiti wall in the new house.  The kids will probably be in college by then!


"I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick.  I believe in PINK. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles." -- Audrey Hepburn 
 


What goes better with pink than........purple!  Lily's two favorite colors.  Maybe they are mine too.  Let me think. 

Lily's pink chandelier.........so sweet


 It really does not get much Pinker than this.......you have to be pretty cool to call yourself "Pink".....she really is cool as a fan. 

 “I was extreme... from skateboarder to hip-hopper to rave child to lead singer of a rock band - I did it all, and all at the same time.” -- Pink


And the pink Cheveron Stripe rug and the pink Moroccan poofs.....well, they just make me want to be hanging out in this space.  So playful!

This has aways been one of my favorite Domino Magazine pictures.  The soft pink walls looks so pretty with the Carrera marble vanity, and that mirror makes the space feel even more feminine.  I have this picture in an idea folder for the house Joe and I never built.  I don't know if he would go for this look abut it feels very romantic to me.  


This was a child's bath that I did here in Charleston. Yellow is another color that is really fun with pink.  These bright pink walls are so playful with the pink Raoul Textile fabric we did for the cafe shades.  I think the mom liked the daughters bathroom better than her own. 


I know I have already shown this picture but it shows my favorite pink dress, favorite pink chair and I still love that wallpaper.......it is just a good shot for the pinkalicious week!
"I don't think I will ever get tired of wearing pink."  -- Emma Bunton

Oh and we cannot do this post without showing off Miss Pinkalicious herself.  This has to be in every little girls book collection!


  •   "Pink is the colour of passion"
    - Aerosmith (on Pink)

    I just won't ever get enough of this pink tutu......have a great weekend, Jenny

1 comment:

  1. pink color my favorite color.... all sharing post are amazing...

    ReplyDelete