Thursday, June 9, 2011

My Mother's Garden is..........Magical

 I don't know all the names of these Roses, but together they remind me of a candy dish at my grandmother's house.  There is nothing like going to visit the house you grew up in and the grounds at my parents house in Charlotte, NC remind me of a childhood fairy tale.  The kids can get lost in the overgrown jasmine and then find secret hiding places in the box woods.  Such wonder to children, can't you remember when everything seemed so large.  A secret hiding place was where you could keep your favorite treasures, use your imagination and just be a child.  It becomes hard to have a secret hiding place when you're a mommy.  Or maybe we want to be found.......well????.........most of the time.  Hee Hee

Oh and she grows my favorite peonies too!
The prize is getting to enjoy the flowers once they have been arranged.  Selecting them each for there color and design.  In the end they still look so good all together, you almost hate to split them up.  


Besides all of the color there are so many different textures here.  The mix of iron, brick, stone and bronze are softened by the plants that flourish around them.  All these elements plus water create softness and depth.  It is such a relaxing place.   

My mom has this little girl statue in the garden and she says it reminds her of me.  I am an only child so.....well, there you go.  Now that little girl reminds me of my little girl.  And since I did not have time to get a toe nail polish change (I promise I will be back on track next week), I will tell you about Lily's favorite shoes!  The T-Strap jellies from Gap Kids have been such a hit for us this summer.  You can tell we like them because we have a pink and a green pair.  They are just the cutest and go with everything.  I wish they made them in my size.  So 80's!
Since we are talking about moms, I got in trouble by Lily's teacher during her mother's day party.  She read Lily's gift note to the class and this is what it said.  Surely it was the Popsicle part that I got called out on, right?  Oopsy busted.  Aw, my little girl loves her paci and  to me it still makes her my little baby.  Don't grow up to fast.........

  The sun room is my favorite room in my parents' house.  It really does bring the outside in.  We recovered her chairs in this awesome Raoul textiles fabric and then did these great painted floors.  The room is fresh and bright, it might be my favorite place to enjoy a morning cup of coffee, in all of the world!.....and that is saying a lot, since I love my quiet coffee - moment in time thing......like all the rest of you mommies......

Since we are talking about mom's house, I will give you a sneak peak at the kids' bedroom in her house in Charleston.  I just had these pillows made for her for both twin beds.  The red and white wacky chevron pattern bolster pillow will go at the foot of both beds.  We have just started this playful room but as soon as we finish, I will let you know......I think the roman shade is supposed to be installed this week....and the paint, well we are working on that.
And I just have to show this photo of Jay feeding Oreo, in my parent's yard here in Charleston.  This rabbit has shown up in her yard and we named him Oreo.  I have a feeling she will be living in our yard soon.  She is the sweetest little gal and just precious.  I don't know if I am ready for a pet yet but someone from up above has seemed to land Oreo right in our lap.  I will keep you posted on his where abouts and new digs.  Any advice on pet rabbits?
"Mama was the greatest teacher, a teacher of compassion, love and fearlessness.  If love is sweet as a flower, then my mother is the sweet flower of love" ---Stevie Wonder



3 comments:

  1. Jenny, your mom's garden is beautiful! And those flowers...wow! The colors are wonderful together! Loved the sneak peak of the bedroom - the pillows are great - can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad I found your blog via Pink Wallpaper!! Is that a rug the jellies are sitting on-I LOVE IT!!!! Also, we were in Sea Island last week and made your Limies (subbing some ingredients with what we had)-YUM!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where did you get that fabulous chevron fabric?

    ReplyDelete